ADSM-L

Re: Confused Over W2K Maintenance Level

2002-04-01 17:53:10
Subject: Re: Confused Over W2K Maintenance Level
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:53:07 -0500
You don't say which TSM component you are interested in. I understand you
are using the TSM server's MMC facility to display TSM component version
info, but which component's version info are you asking about?

>> Can anybody tell me how I can find what PTF level reflects what
maintenance number?  And, what is this 4.2.1.68? <<

I have not idea what the 4.2.1.68 is. It certainly isn't a client level.
The latest Windows client patch level is 4.2.1.30. The web page points
your to 4.2.1.20 because that is the latest level that has had extensive
testing. Subsequent patches are available from the FTP site in the
storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches directory structure.

If you need to know which client level is installed on your machine, the
definitive means of doing so is to start dsmc and look at the version
information it displays upon startup. or to start dsm, then select the
Help/About menu item.

If your question concerns the TSM client, and the client levels reported
via the MMC do not agree with what dsmc or dsm show you, then you should
report the problem to IBM support.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Al Narzisi <anarzisi AT COMCAST DOT NET>
04/01/2002 16:00