ADSM-L

Re: Windows NTFS last accessed date set by TSM client

2015-10-04 17:10:43
Subject: Re: Windows NTFS last accessed date set by TSM client
From: Andrew Raibeck [mailto:storman AT US.IBM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Alex,

I believe that on NTFS, last access time has a resolution of 1 hour. Thus
if the file was accessed within the last hour, accessing it again won't
change the last access time. If the file was accessed over an hour ago,
then accessing the file will change the last access time. So in some
cases, yes, it is possible that if TSM access the file, it won't cause the
last access time to change. It depends on when the file was last accessed
prior to the TSM backup.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
03/27/2002 11:54