ADSM-L

Re: Documentation needed: Backing up through a firewall

2002-03-26 11:40:40
Subject: Re: Documentation needed: Backing up through a firewall
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:40:34 -0500
Basically you have to open a port on the Firewall to allow the IP of the
machine outside the firewall to talk to the IP of TSM Server inside
via TCP and the port you are using, generally port 1500.  And I believe open
port 1501 the other way. That's the basic setup.  If you are using different
ports and other configs, then open up the firewall as approprate.

In general no change is needed on server or client.  We have several
clients outside firewall and this works even with schedmode prompted.

David Longo

>>> dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM 03/26/02 05:41AM >>>
I need someone to point in the direction of documentation about configuring TSM
to backup through a firewall. "Installing the Clients" and "Using the BA
Client" have scant information about the process other than identifying the
ports that need to be opened.... Thank you.

---------------------------------
File your taxes online! Yahoo! Canada Tax Centre
File your taxes online! Yahoo! Canada Tax Centre

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 03/26/02 11:54:09
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.