ADSM-L

Re: DSMSERV LOADDB with 2 processors

2002-03-25 17:19:13
Subject: Re: DSMSERV LOADDB with 2 processors
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:15:15 -0600
I am no expert, but it sounds like LOADDB is a single threaded process.  It
jus plain does not take
advantage of multiple processors.  I guess that if we look, it is not
spawning any child tasks to
do multithreading nor is it multithreading internally either (the two main
ways I know of that folks
take advantage of multi-processor systems).