ADSM-L

Re: Unload/load DB question

2015-10-04 17:10:43
Subject: Re: Unload/load DB question
From: paolo.nasca AT inwind DOT it [mailto:paolo.nasca AT INWIND DOT IT]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
From the manual "Student's Trainig Guide, Tivoli Storage Managmer 4.1
Enhancements, Tuning and Trableshooting" (March 2001), Unit 1, pag. 1-11:
-----------
The new dsmserv loadformat command replases the dsmserv format command when
The new dsmserv loadformat command replases the dsmserv format command when
used in conjunction with dsmserv loaddb or dsmserv restore db.

dsmserv loadformat creates and formats the database. It also initializes
default values and dsmserv upgradedb might under some circumstances not
create the new values that may come with the new code versions,
----------
The teacher of the "TSM advanced course" advise me to not unload/load db.
The teacher of the "TSM advanced course" advise me to not unload/load db.
Do it only under the supervision of the tivoli laboratory staff. The DB
could become 3 times bigger!!

Regards
Paolo Nasca
Cleis Technology
I-16124 Genova (ITALY)
paolo_nasca AT datasys DOT it
paolo.nasca AT inwind DOT it

-------------------------------------
If I want to do a unload/load DB for maintenance reasons, do I still
If I want to do a unload/load DB for maintenance reasons, do I still
need to do the DSMSERV Format part, or is this
just for when you lose the database. These are the steps I found in
the manual:

1) DSMSERV Dumpdb

2) DSMSERV Format (init database & recovery logs)

3) DSMSERV Loaddb

4) DSMSERV Auditdb (if necessary)

Is there anything else I need to do, or should be aware of

Thanks

Mike Anderson
Michael_Anderson AT hmis DOT org