ADSM-L

Re: Backup StgPool Issue Discovered

2002-03-22 16:34:40
Subject: Re: Backup StgPool Issue Discovered
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:29:21 -0600
Paul,

That is a feature that we rely upon.

Our year-end close-out files go to a separate data path through our system.
Once I have the first copy from the server, I back up to Copypool for a
second copy, then pull both copies for offline storage.  I flag both tapes
as "unavailable" and that exempts them from normal TSM reclamation, etc.
So three years from now, for example, I *still* know which tapes hold which
year-end files and their locations have not changed.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

"Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 03/19/2002 03:04:04