ADSM-L

AW: Utilizing All My drives

2015-10-04 17:10:43
Subject: AW: Utilizing All My drives
From: Christoph Pilgram
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Bassam,

you can define as many processes as you like, but the limitation is the
number of free drives. If you define more procs then you have drives, =
the
migration processes wait until there is a drive available (this also =
happens
if some of your drives are used by other processes).
For using more than 2 drives you have to set the parameter "mount =
limit" in
your device-definition to a apropriate value (normally you set this =
value to
'drives').
You normally set the value maxprocs to a value less then the number of
drives, so that other operations can work on tapes too.

Best regards
Chris