ADSM-L

Procedures for TSM

2015-10-04 17:10:43
Subject: Procedures for TSM
From: Joni Moyer [mailto:joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I've been studying the TSM manual and changing administrative schedules by
trial and error, but I just wanted to know if I have the order of
procedures down right.
1. Backup disk to offsite tape pool
2. Backup onsite tape pool to offsite tape pool
3. Migration of the disk pools
4. Expire Inventory
5. Reclamation
6. Client Backups (run at night)

I was also a little confused about reclamation on offsite storage pools.
How can reclamation run on an offsite tape when it cannot be mounted on a
tape drive?  (On a daily basis I have a job that marks tapes full and
offsite so that they are ejected from the silo and taken to our offsite
vault)  When I looked in the book it stated that reclamation for an offsite
volume obtains the active files from either an onsite pool or offsite pool
and then writes the files to a volume on the original copy pool.  I'm
trying to understand this process, but it's not making much sense to me.
Any explanations?

Thanks!!!

Joni Moyer
Associate Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

 This message and any attachments is solely for the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or
distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited --
please immediately and permanently delete this message.