ADSM-L

Re: Procedures for TSM

2002-03-20 14:36:58
Subject: Re: Procedures for TSM
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:33:21 -0600
In general, it sounds good to me.

On the reclaiming of the offsite storage pool, as I understand it, what
happens
is really a function that occurs in the data base.  And once a tape or two
get
under the lower limit you have set for reclaimation in that pool, another
tape
gets made, with data copies from the on-site copy (from tape or disk cache,
it really doesn't matter, as long as they are the same files), and the new
offsite
tape is written.  The offsite tapes that are being reclaimed will be marked
as
empty, so they can be moved back on-site as you send the new offsite tape
out.

Does that help?