ADSM-L

TSM SQL Script

2002-03-20 13:16:25
Subject: TSM SQL Script
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:10:53 -0600
Yep, I am an SQL newbie, but some help would be nice.
The script at the bottom terminates with this message:
  ANR2938E The column 'VOLUME_NAME' is not allowed in this context; it must
either be named in the GROUP BY clause or be nested within an aggregate
function.
and points to the left(volume_name, 8) portion of the query.  I have played
with it
and still get this message.  Could someone please explain why this is
occuring and
how I can fix my script?

TIA ... Jack

/* Tape-Volumes */
/* Listing is for all known nodes, and the tape volumes required to do a
restore */
set sqldatetimeformat i
set sqldisplaymode w
set sqlmathmode r
commit
select distinct copy_type, left(node_name, 12), -
   left(volume_name, 8), left(stgpool_name, 16) -
  from adsm.volumeusage  -
  group by node_name, copy_type