ADSM-L

Re: Backups missed

2002-03-20 08:07:15
Subject: Re: Backups missed
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:04:34 +0000
Well,
TSM has been out there for quite some time, so I think you have to trust the
product design a little,
and the product is designed so that every time you backup your primary storage
pool to your copy
pool it will back up everything in that primary storage pool that it has not
alraedy backed up.
So if you get a success message you can be happy.
Be aware that if you do a daily backup from your disk storage pool to your copy
pool(recommended), that
you will also need to do a later daily backup from your primary tape pool after
migration to catch any data that is migrated before you run your disk storage
pool copy
John

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com> on 03/20/2002 12:29:46 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>