ADSM-L

Labelling problems

2015-10-04 17:10:43
Subject: Labelling problems
From: "Steve Harris" <STEVE_HARRIS AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
HI All,

TSM Server 4.2.1.8 on AIX 433_06 with 3494/3590E1A

I just received 180 tapes (At Last!) and went to label the first 20.
When I ran label libv with checkin, 11 out of the 20 failed to label.
I reran these several times and eventually all but 1 labeled correctly; the
second last took three attempts, I gave up on the last one after three
attempts plus an attempt to write other data to it using tapeutil failed.

These are Imation 3590K carts.
Can I expect this sort of drama for the whole 180?

Secondly,

During the second attempt at labelling I used

label libv search=y volr=blah00,blah19 checkin=pri devt=3590

The first two tapes were labelled ok, the third one was also labelled ok and
put away by the robot but the label libv process hung at that point.  I had
to halt and restart TSM to continue.
Has anyone else seen this on a late version of TSM? I know something similar
was around in 4.1...

Regards

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.