ADSM-L

UNLOADDB-LOADDB

2002-03-20 02:11:27
Subject: UNLOADDB-LOADDB
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:09:01 +0100
Hi all,

I am trying to test an unload/load of my production-database to get
information on how long it takes and how big the reorganization-effort is.
I stopped the production database, copied the db-files, copied the log-file,
and transfered it to my testserver.
On testserver (physically on the same unix-server) I edited the dsmserv.dsk
to match the names of the files.
Then I tried an 'dsmserv unloaddb devclass=file'. It came back with errors
regarding the filenames of the production-server.
Is the scenario I tried not possible and how can I do an test on
unload/loadddb without stopping the productive-server for a day ?

Thanks for any help

Chris

The errors :

ANR0900I Processing options file /usr/tivoli/tsm/testserver/bin/dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR7806W Unable to open file /TSM1/log/log1.dsm.
Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.
ANR7806W Unable to open file /TSM1/db/db1.dsm.
Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.
ANR7806W Unable to open file /TSM1/db_spiegel/db1_spiegel.dsm.
Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.
ANR7806W Unable to open file /TSM1/log_spiegel/log1_spiegel.dsm.
Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.
ANR7806W Unable to open file /TSM1/db2/db2.dsm.
Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.
ANR7806W Unable to open file /TSM1/db2_spiegel/db2_spiegel.dsm.
Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.