ADSM-L

Re: Backup StgPool Issue Discovered

2002-03-19 20:34:55
Subject: Re: Backup StgPool Issue Discovered
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:32:12 -0500
I do a lot of checking due to various "operator" problems we have
had an some H/W problems.  Even our operators check occasionally
for tapes in "Unavailable" state, so we generally catch this stuff
in a maximum of one day.  If it was near time for offsite processing
in the morning, we couldn't fix it in time to "gauarantee" full copies
of offsite data anyhow.

I have seen a "number" of problems you can encounter with
tapes/libraries.

Just one of the thnigs we monitor daily, like if a drive fails.

David Longo

>>> seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM 03/19/02 04:04PM >>>
The question I have:  Does anyone consider this a problem or are you OK with
it working like this?