ADSM-L

Restore TSM server to different OS?

2002-03-19 12:26:16
Subject: Restore TSM server to different OS?
From: Hans Hedlund <Hans.Hedlund AT ENSKILDA DOT SE>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:15:34 +0100
Is it possible to restore a TSM 4.1 server running on Windows NT to a
Solaris server?

I'm practicing some DR stuff, and my scenario is that one of our WinNT
TSM4.1 servers has crashed, and we need to restore the latest BACKUP DB
data, but onto a Solaris server on our disastersite.

Is that possible? I receive mysterious "ANR1368W Input volume 16440215.DBB
contains sequence number 16777216; volume sequence number 1 is required."
when doing my DSMSERV RESTORE DB.

Regards, Hans Hedlund

 Confidentiality Notice

The content of this e-mail is intended only for the
confidential use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not such a person, you are
hereby notified that you have received this communication
in error and that reading it, copying it, or in any way
disseminating its content to any other person, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the author by replying to his e-mail immediately.