ADSM-L

Re: Bug or request for design?

2002-03-18 17:25:07
Subject: Re: Bug or request for design?
From: "Don France (P.A.C.E.)" <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:36:38 -0800
Since the problem you indicate is beyond the first-failure (ever heard of
FFDC -- first-failure data capture), you really cannot expect the subsequent
results to be predictable.  The current behavior seems reasonable, to me;
you cannot do a restore -- (and) hopefully, you also cannot do any other
functions, either.

You could request the design change (to prevent further client operations --
yet still keep the window open so you can see - and respond to - the error
message).  I would consider it a bug if any functions affected by INCLEXCL
were allowed to proceed;  the fact that restore "shows no files" is one way
of doing that for the restore function -- what about
backup/archive/retrieve?!?