ADSM-L

Restore OS of AIX 4.3.3

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Restore OS of AIX 4.3.3
From: Yahya Ilyas [mailto:Yahya.Ilyas AT ASU DOT EDU]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Recently we lost both mirror disks on one of the RS6000, AIX4.3.3 system.  I
installed base OS, and TSM client and than restored selected files on the
new system.  How can I restore complete OS?

We have TSM server level 4.1.4.

I have done complete restore of an HP system by installing base OS on first
disk than installing OS on second disk.  Than I rebooted from first disk,
mounted second disk and restored OS on second disk, after restore was
complete I rebooted from second disk.  Will this same procedure work on AIX
platform.  I am told that on AIX platform after restoring OS on different
hdisk system will not boot.

Thanks