ADSM-L

Re: Bug or request for design?

2002-03-18 06:06:31
Subject: Re: Bug or request for design?
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT RZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:03:19 +0100
Hi,
i understand -- thats one reason why I prefer the command-line :-)
A solution maybe to change the locations in that way
that the dsmc/dsm  Programm is in the same Directory/filesystem
where your option Files and Include/exclude File is located.
Using this ( default ) location won't get you into trouble.
For example when running multiple '*SM-nodes' in one machine it is important
to have strict separation i think.
So a solution may be: if not loacted on system-disk
the Config + include/exclude-file ( + possibly symboliclinks to dsmc /dsm
when using multiple *SM-nodes on one machine  )
should be located together on the same filesystem to avoid this happening
and then maybe needed to be restored first
(if you don't have a copy elsewhere) prior to the restore of the
crashed Filesystem.

Greetings Rainer