ADSM-L

Bug or request for design?

2002-03-18 04:21:18
Subject: Bug or request for design?
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:18:11 +0100
Hi *SM-ers!
I would like to know your opinion on something:
I opened a PNR for the following TSM client behavior:
The TSM client (AIX and NT tested) doesn't list any restorable objects when
the options file contains an error.
Try the following on AIX: rename your include/exclude file and start the TSM
client. It returns the error: ANS1036S Invalid option 'INCLEXCL' found in
options file. Click on OK and now click the restore button on the main GUI.
No files are listed!
This was quite disturbing for our UNIX people! When you correct the
include/exclude and you restart the GUI all files are listed again.
To my opinion, this is clearly a bug, but this was the response form the
Tivoli lab:
With both the command line and the GUI, the TSM client informed the user of
the option file problem and location.  If the option file problem is
resolved, normal client behavior is returned. This appears to be a request
for a design change.
What do you think? Is it a bug or am I a nit-picker?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.