ADSM-L

Re: Re. War stories: Restores > 200GB ?

2002-03-18 03:57:38
Subject: Re: Re. War stories: Restores > 200GB ?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:54:41 +0100
Maybe the best idee I heard untill now, If you're planning a major upgrade,
switch on collocation on your storagepool first and then run a selective
(full) backup of your system, this will bring the restore time down to the
time it takes to mount about 8 tapes and read them....

(and switch collaocation off again :)

-- Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams