ADSM-L

Pooooor TDP for Exchange Performance via SAN

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Pooooor TDP for Exchange Performance via SAN
From: Karsten Huettmann [mailto:Karsten.Huettmann AT CARUS DOT DE]=20
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi everybody!=20
         I'm sitting here looking at my customers environment and =
wonder=20
how TDP for Exchange=20
         is sooooo slow via SAN.=20
         We have a complete Win2000 environment with all the newest=20
patches installed=20
         (Server 4.2.1.12, StorageAgent 4.2.1.12, API 4.2.1.30, TDP =
Exch.=20
2.2)=20
         We share two drives of a 3584 library via SAN data gateway=20
(newest firmware).=20

         The backup via LAN (!) is nearly as fast as it could be (up to =
12=20
MB/s without compression).=20

         But the backup via SAN ist very slow.=20
         It starts slow (at 1200 KB/s) and slows down to 800 KB/s.=20

         Does anyone have recommendations tuning the dsm.opt-file or=20
tdpexc.cfg-file...=20

         my dsm.opt-file:=20
         tcpwindowsize 63=20
         tcpbuffsize 32=20
         txnb 25600=20

         my tdpexc.cfg-file:=20
         buffers 4=20
         buffersize 2048=20

         ... or any other ideas?=20
         (Are there any rules-of-thumb how to tune this options?)=20

         Thanx in advance,=20
         Karsten Huettmann, c.a.r.u.s. IT AG, Germany
-----
Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen / with regards
Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen / with regards
Karsten H=FCttmann
Karsten H=FCttmann
Karsten H=FCttmann
c.a.r.u.s. Information Technology AG
Advanced System Center
Bornbarch 9, 22848 Norderstedt, Germany

E-Mail: karsten.huettmann AT carus DOT de
Firma: +49.40.51435.3231
Mobil: +49.171.7634388
Fax: +49.40.51435.1111