ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server 4.2.1.9 on Sun Solaris 8 and more

2002-03-16 05:33:15
Subject: Re: TSM Server 4.2.1.9 on Sun Solaris 8 and more
From: Christian Pallinder <C.Pallinder AT WINEASY DOT SE>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:09:01 +0100
I have a SUN 880 connected to a HDS 7700E diskarray using VxVM and VxFS on the
db and log volumes. I use the mount parameter mincache=direct or unbuffered and
I must say the performance is good. I will test with raw soon to se how it's
working.

Do anyone of you know how TSM handles the disk storage pools volumes? Are they
cached as the db and log are by TSM or are they dependant of the filesystems
buffers.