ADSM-L

Re: tdpsqlc query error: ACO0261I

2002-03-15 21:30:59
Subject: Re: tdpsqlc query error: ACO0261I
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:59:48 -0500
> The select @@servername returned lowercase pc1162.  The DBA had some
> difficulty changing it to uppercase due to replication subscriptions or
some
> such, but after he did up date it, it now works.  Does this mean that TDP
> SQL cannot handle mixed case server names?  (That last question is just
for
> interest - we are no longer stopped.)

Allan,

I am glad you are working again...  In the SQL books
online it says that instance names are not case-sensitive.
Now, having said that... I am curious on how your
instance was created with a lower-case name to begin with.
This is the first time I have seen this... I am wondering
if there was another application or tool or stored procedure
that caused this to happen. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.