ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Lotus Domino transaction logging

2002-03-14 20:47:57
Subject: Re: TDP for Lotus Domino transaction logging
From: Clive Johnson <clive.johnson AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:45:14 +1100
Hoobler, thanks for this but I have worked out that the first DB I was trying
to apply the logs to was an R4 db...duh.

I have since restored and tried to apply the logs to an R5 db. It starts
restoring the logs correctly but then stops with the same error as before. To
check that it was not a corrupt trans log I have restored the databases,
applied the logs and again and it stops half way through but not whilst
restoring the same transaction log.

Does this make my problem any clearer or should I contact IBM support?

Thanks

Clive----------------------------------------------------

my father always told me to, "engage brain before you engage your mouth"

                    hoobler AT US DOT IBM
                    .COM                 To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    Sent by:             cc:
                    ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI       Subject:     Re: TDP for Lotus
Domino transaction logging
                    ST.EDU

                    14/03/2002
                    15:04
                    Please respond
                    to ADSM-L

> Hi,
> We are currently running TDP for lotus Domino version 1.1.2.0 on NT4 that
is running Domino 5.08.

> We have enabled transaction logging on the domino server using archival
logging. The backup and roll over of
> the transaction logs  seems to be working fine. I have restored a
database and not made it active without
>errors. (dbname.nsf.dad)
> But when I try and apply the logs to the database through the command
prompt or the TDP GUI I receive an
> error: "DbMarkCorrupt" and further down "Recovery Manager: Error from
Logging Subsystem"

> Does anyone have any ideas or come across this before.

Clive,

Yes.  We have seen this before.  In some cases
it was caused by an apply logs to a database
that was over its quota... and in other cases
it was caused by and actual corrupted database.

But we would need a trace to diagnose this further.
Please call IBM support so we can get a trace
of the failure.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.