ADSM-L

Re: Delete filespace issue with Server v4.2.1.6?

2002-03-14 10:58:02
Subject: Re: Delete filespace issue with Server v4.2.1.6?
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:54:25 -0500
If you are trying to delete an entire filespace, then I have a suggestion.
With apologies to Andy Raibeck, sometimes "The Web Admin is
your friend."

On the Web Admin select from the left side "Objects", then "Clients",
then "Filespaces".  A list of all filespaces is then displayed in main window.

Scroll down to the one you want, and select the filespace name.
From that window pull down "operations" and select "Delete file space".

This is simpler than remebering the exact syntax for filespace names
escpecially if you have many different platforms etc.

David Longo

>>> bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM 03/14/02 10:40AM >>>
Dale, yes, I have seen this.  The problem is with unicode support.  Do
'help q fi' and 'help del fi' to see the new parameters that may be required.
For instance, here is a 'q fi' of my own machine (winxp, client 4.2.1.26,
server at 4.2.1.9).
Note the namet parameter and see what happens without it.

tsm: NEW_ADSM_SERVER_ON_PORT_1600>q fi wfc1450 "\\wfc1450\c$" namet=uni f=d

                                      Node Name: WFC1450
                                 Filespace Name: \\wfc1450\c$
                     Hexadecimal Filespace Name: 5c5c776663313435305c6324
                                           FSID: 17
                                       Platform: WinNT
                                 Filespace Type: NTFS
                          Is Filespace Unicode?: Yes
                                  Capacity (MB): 28,058.8
                                       Pct Util: 33.9
                    Last Backup Start Date/Time: 03/13/2002 21:01:44
                 Days Since Last Backup Started: 1
               Last Backup Completion Date/Time: 03/13/2002 21:03:10
               Days Since Last Backup Completed: 1
Last Full NAS Image Backup Completion Date/Time:
Days Since Last Full NAS Image Backup Completed:

tsm: NEW_ADSM_SERVER_ON_PORT_1600>q fi wfc1450 "\\wfc1450\c$" f=d
ANR2034E QUERY FILESPACE: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

You can delete by fsid now, this may be what you want.

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell

At 08:24 AM 3/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone seen this on 4.2.1.6, or am I just sleep-deprived?
>Server is on AIX 4.3 ...
>Neither query nor delete will match a file system name....
>

>tsm:ADSM>q filespace WINNODE
>
>Node Name       Filespace   FSID Platform Filespace Is Files- Capacity   Pct
>                Name                      Type        pace        (MB)  Util
>                                                    Unicode?
>--------------- ----------- ---- -------- --------- --------- -------- -----
>WINNODE          \\WINNODE\c$    1 WinNT    NTFS         Yes    17,233.8
>>WINNODE          \\WINNODE\c$    1 WinNT    NTFS         Yes    17,233.8  19.6
>WINNODE          \\WINNODE\d$    2 WinNT    NTFS         Yes    184,260.  22.2
>                                                                     9
>WINNODE          \\WINNODE\e$    3 WinNT    NTFS         Yes    17,273.0  62.6
>WINNODE          \\WINNODE\f$    4 WinNT    NTFS         Yes    17,273.0  17.1
>WINNODE          SYSTEM         5 WinNT    SYSTEM       Yes         0.0   0.0
>                 OBJECT
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE \\WINNODE\e*
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE \\WINNODE\e$*
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE \\WINNODE\e
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE WINNODE\e*
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE WINNODE\e$*
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE WINNODE\e
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE e*
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE e$*
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.
>
>tsm: ADSM>dele filespace WINNODE e
>ANR0852E DELETE FILESPACE: No matching file spaces found for node WINNODE.
>ANS8001I Return code 11.

----------
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge Ma.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 03/14/02 11:07:45
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.