ADSM-L

TDP for Informix

2002-03-13 11:04:43
Subject: TDP for Informix
From: Sean M English <senglish AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:01:51 -0500
*SMer's,

Last night we were attempting to upgrade an AIX 4.3.3 client from TSM 4.1.2
to TSM 4.2.1.25.  The install went fine, everything was installed
correctly.  However, when we went to test a log backup from Informix, the
node name that the Informix data backs up under would always get locked out
of the TSM server because of an Invalid Password error.  We sync'd up the
passwords between TDP for Informix and the TSM server fine, but it was like
Informix could not read the password file that was generated. We opened up
the directory and password file to 777 just in case the permission bits
might be the culprit. That did not work either.  I did notice that in
4.2.1.x, the name of the password file has been changed to TSM.PWD.  My
question is, do I need to be at a later level of TDP for Informix when I
upgrade to TSM 4.2.1.x?

Environment:

Client: AIX 4.3.3, TDP for Informix 4.1.0, current client level is 4.1.2
and everything works. trying to go to 4.2.1.25 and TDP does not work

Server: AIX 4.3.3, running TSM 4.2.1.11

Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Regards,
Sean

Sean M. English
You can't change the wind, but you can adjust the sails.