ADSM-L

extending the log on AIX

2002-03-12 17:46:48
Subject: extending the log on AIX
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:44:21 -0800
Sigh.  Here I am, on my way out the door to 'retirement' when
we get a logfull situation overnight.

Looking at the log we see, after 5 DB backups (half INCR)
it finally clears up.

So I'm about to teach my successor how to do DSMSERV Extend LOG when
a question pops into my mind about AIX limitations on filesize.

Tried to search the ADSM.ORG archive for this but had problems.

So the question is:

With an Aix 4.3.3 system and TSM 4.1.3  is there a 5 or 6 gig
limit on the log size? or just file used in a log???

And if so, does that mean you can't extend it in an emergency and the
procedures change???  (Like wipe out the DB and restore from last backup?)

thanks ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
         joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu
 (510)642-7638 (w)  (209)483-JOEF (M)
                             5633
        8 days to retirment :-)