ADSM-L

Re: FREEBSD+tsm clinet again

2002-03-12 17:09:33
Subject: Re: FREEBSD+tsm clinet again
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:03:21 -0600
It sounds odd, but if you have the disk space, you could use something like
AMANDA to backup the freebsd to files on the Linux box.  Then use TSM to
spin the files of to tape and delete them from the Linux server.

In a recovery situation, AMANDA would tell you what file(s) to restore from
TSM.

Nothing like pounding two rocks together to forge something into the shape
a PHB desires. =;^)

And no, I havn't done it.  It just sounds like it would work if you have to.
Probably just backing them up over the NFS link sounds like the way to go,
but hopefully some others will have some more constructive solutions.