ADSM-L

Re: Informix API 3.7.1

2002-03-12 15:02:21
Subject: Re: Informix API 3.7.1
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:48:02 -0600
Actually, the onbar debug file doesn't track the shared (XBSA) library
stuff much.  I think it would be preferable to turn on TSM tracing in the
client's dsm.opt file with the following stanzas. The tracing wraps so the
XBSA library which causes the
session to bomb would very likely be caught since this activity will be
what terminates the session. The stuff is also difficult to read and you
would do well to bring Tivoli support and Informix support into the problem
to interpret the trace.
Since your version of Tivoli doesn't come with an XBSA library, you must
have gotten it elsewhere. Check the sm_versions file; if you are using the
Informix supplied shared library (ISM) it should be in the bar_versions
table of the sysutils database as well as the sm_versions file. I don't
know where you are keeping the library files but they should also be linked
into /usr/lib.

dsm.opt trace stuff:

TRACEMAX 10000
TRACEFILE  /tmp/filename  (((make sure permissions are set to allow writing
to this file- your filename may differ)))
TRACEFLAG  service -policy

George Lesho
System/Storage Admin
AFC Enterprises

                    "Sarver,
                    Theresa (Osky        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    UNIX                 cc:     (bcc: George
Lesho/Partners/AFC)
                    Administrator)       Subject:     Re: Informix API 3.7.1
                    "
                    <tsarver@CLOWV
                    ALVE.COM>
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    03/12/02 07:53
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi Doug;

I don't know what TSM error 168 is...however, I have had the "XBSA Error
(BSAInit): An unspecified XBSA error has occurred: 96" before.  In my case
there was a problem with the sm_versions table.  Anyway, here's a URL that
might help you with the onbar-XBSA errors:

http://www.geocities.com/maury.geo/onbar.html

Also, you may want to turn on bar_debug (in your onconfig file) until this
problem is resolved, as that is what actually helped me resolve my XBSA
problems last time.

Thanks;
Theresa