ADSM-L

Re: Sybase & TSM

2002-03-11 14:00:43
Subject: Re: Sybase & TSM
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:01:28 -0600
At 07:42 PM 3/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:

> I also got a letter from BMC saying the Sybase support is going up some
> ridiculous amount like 30%.

  Well, that's good knews too, I mean, good to know. Another reason not to
  start with SQL-back track....

  Thanks!

  Cheers,
  Henk.

On the other hand, we found that using SBT to ADSM (as it was then) was
faster than dumping from SYBASE to tape.  As this application continues to
grow, SBT to TSM still keeps the performance advantage.  In addition, SBT
also keeps track of intermediate log dumps and will do incremental dumps of
the system.  And version control is also very good.  But installation and
configuration may be daunting: none of our ORACLE users have gotten very
far with SBT for ORACLE.