ADSM-L

Re: HSM + GPFS/HACMP

2002-03-11 10:56:18
Subject: Re: HSM + GPFS/HACMP
From: Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode AT PARALLAB.UIB DOT NO>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:38:03 +0100

> We run HSM on a 53 SP node,  3 attached S7A(s) and 2 S80(s), 2 6H1(s)
> environment with GPFS ..  + HACMP...

The special thing about our configuration is that we run GPFS with
HACMP instead of GPFS with PSSP. The installation scripts for the HSM
client for GPFS expects some PSSP tools (and maybe other PSSP
services) which isn't installed in our environment.

I suspect you run GPFS with PSSP?

IBM is saying HSM with GPFS/HACMP should be available in 6 months time..

>  If and when you decide what you want to do, I will give you this advice,
> when you are configuring HSM give your clients/nodes the hsm suffix ..

I would appreciate your advice even though we haven't decided wat to
do yet (install PSSP, wait 6 months, ???).

  -jf