ADSM-L

Re: LAN Free backups

2002-03-08 08:58:01
Subject: Re: LAN Free backups
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 06:54:55 -0700
Joe,

It is interesting that you can't have a disk storage pool defined in the
management class storage hierarchy or client won't use the LAN path, even if
there aren't any volumes in the diskpool.

Yes, you can use the FILE device type and set up a hierarchy in the same way
you would use a disk pool - set maxsize on a storage pool made of the FILE
device type so that larger files go to tape and the smaller files stay on
disk.  However, the last time I checked you must have SANergy to use this
feature so that you can define the files to both systems.  I haven't used
this method yet.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.