ADSM-L

Re: LAN Free backups

2002-03-08 08:47:53
Subject: Re: LAN Free backups
From: Uwe Schreiber <Uwe.Schreiber AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:45:23 +0100
Hello Joe,

as far as i know, the only way to use the diskpool in a LAN free environment,
is to use SANErgy in addition to TSM.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Uwe Schreiber

        Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM
        Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        08.03.2002 14:39
        Please respond to ADSM-L

                 To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                 bcc:

Actually it was something I missed (another TSMer fill me in..Thanks). I needed
to create a new policy for these nodes and direct them to teh tapes instead of
the disk storage pools.

I have also noticed a slow down. I use colocation for my local copies and since
I am sending mostly large files from this node I see a backlog of sessions just
sitting at MEDIAW. So not I went from a 10 session connection to a 1 session
connection. Great it goes directly to tape, but is there any way to utilize the
LAN Free path to use the diskpool as well if the file is lower than a certian
size (like a regular disk storage pool)??

Joe