ADSM-L

fioScanDirEntry(): Can't map object 'xxxx' into the local ANSI c odepage, skipping ...

2002-03-08 07:07:13
Subject: fioScanDirEntry(): Can't map object 'xxxx' into the local ANSI c odepage, skipping ...
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:04:10 +0100
Hi TSM-ers,

I have seen in some previous postings that you have to be on TSM 4.2 with
your server AND client to prevent this message.
Unfortunately I'm running a NSM (Network Storage Manager) and TSM 4.2 server
has not been released for this platform.
Is there another way to let me backup files with special characters?

BTW: Shouldn't the TSM client report *ALL* messages to the Activity Log? I
really don't get the feeling that everything works
fine just because there are no messages in the Activity Log.
And I don't want to check all DSMSCHED files on all servers every day! Is
there something planned for the near future?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at