ADSM-L

Re: Linux and Windows clients

2002-03-07 05:06:50
Subject: Re: Linux and Windows clients
From: Herfried Abel <ha7 AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:04:20 +0100
chris,
I think using the win client sets the nodes filespaces to unicode enabled
within the tsm internal database. This causes your error. you can reset the
client only
using the "non documented" SET RECORD method. ( This manipulates the
internal db and should only be used on IBM/Tivoli advice.)

Maybe you could fake the client-api so that the win client shows up as
Linux ?

herfried

Chris West <Chrisw AT CRISTIE DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 07.03.2002 10:34:32