ADSM-L

offsite backup

2002-03-07 04:51:24
Subject: offsite backup
From: Burak Demircan <burak.demircan AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:48:33 +0100
Hi,
How can you manage offsite backups without DRM?
I have just ideas in mind but I have lack of experience.

Is the following right way

first day
1) backup the nodes
2) backup copy pools to offsite copy pools
3) backup the database
4) take database backup and copy pools to offsite
5) expire the database backups previous than x days. (for example x=7)

next day
1) backup the nodes
2) return some copy copy pool volumes that are not filled as FULL
3) return expired old database volume of the day x+1 as scratch volume
3) backup copy pools to offsite copy pools
4)backup the database
5) take database backup and copy pools to offsite
6) expire the database backups previous than x days. (for example x=7)

.....etc.