ADSM-L

[no subject]

2002-03-04 23:04:29
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:01:50 -0500
The ANR0534 mesages mean that the size of the file that node FASSNT is
attempting to send to the server is too big to fit in the storage pool available
space.  (I assume that BACKUPPPOOL is a Disk storage pool.)  You seem
to indicate that this is a new install.  Do you know how much data (how big
the files are) that FASSNT has to backup?

Basically you must increase the size of the BACKUPPOOL to make room
for these files or adjust migration on this stg pool to free up space before
this node backs up data.

The ANR9999 messages - not real sure on that.  Do you get these
regularly or was this a one time thing?  You may have just had too
many things going on at once on the server, this sometimes happens.
It's apparently related to Expiration running, I try to run this during a
time of day with little other activity going on.

This is a REAL old version of ADSM also!!

David Longo

>>> j.xu AT UWS.EDU DOT AU 03/04/02 09:46PM >>>
Dear ADSMers,

I have problem with my adsm client.

we currently install new adsm client ver 3 rel 1 lev 0.8

My server is version 3 rel 1 lev 2.0

The client can backup for a while then it stop with error:
   server out of backup data space

the server has error:
03/04/2002 16:12:32  ANR9999D imutil.c(2867): Lock acquisition (xLock) failed
                      for Inventory filespace 330 2.
03/04/2002 16:12:32  ANR9999D imexp.c(1219): Could not lock filespace 330 2 -
                      will retry on next expiration run.
                      will retry on next expiration run.
03/04/2002 16:13:18  ANR0534W Transaction failed for session 9565 for node
                      FASSNT (WinNT) - size estimate exceeded and server is
                      unable to obtain additional space in storage pool
                      BACKUPPOOL.
03/04/2002 16:22:05  ANR0534W Transaction failed for session 9565 for node
                      FASSNT (WinNT) - size estimate exceeded and server is
                      unable to obtain additional space in storage pool
more...   (<ENTER> to continue, 'C' to cancel)

                      BACKUPPOOL.
03/04/2002 16:22:12  ANR0534W Transaction failed for session 9565 for node
                      FASSNT (WinNT) - size estimate exceeded and server is
                      unable to obtain additional space in storage pool
                      BACKUPPOOL.

However, I have backup space, at the time backup terminaled, I had two 10gb
free tapys waiting for put data in.

What is the real problem? how can I check it out?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu

Unix/Network Administrator
Information Technology Directorate
University of Westen Sydney, Campbelltown
Campbelltown NSW 2560

Phone: 61 02 4620-3098
Mobile: 0416 179 868
Email: j.xu AT uws.edu DOT au

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 03/04/02 23:14:59
---
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain This message
is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential, proprietary,
or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived
or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard
copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly,
use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are
not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in
this message are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where the
message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a particular entity;
and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such views or opinions.