ADSM-L

how does TSM / sql backtrack use management classes?

2002-03-04 16:42:31
Subject: how does TSM / sql backtrack use management classes?
From: "Reichmuth, Michael R." <mrreich AT NPPD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:20:50 -0600
We're using SQL backtrack to backup our oracle database. If two backtrack
backup scripts are run using two different management classes against the
same database, (ie.. management class one has 3 version, 30 days and
management class two has 6 versions 60 days) how does TSM handle the backup?
Will it in effect use the shortest management class. Or will it keep two
sets of the database, one for 3/30 and the other for 6/60?