ADSM-L

TDP for Domino 1.1.1 experience

2002-03-04 15:21:24
Subject: TDP for Domino 1.1.1 experience
From: "Scott, Brian" <bscott AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:18:15 -0500
Hey gang,

I'm going to be rolling out a TSM solution for Lotus Notes Domino 5.0.9a and
will be utilizing the TDP product. I have a SunFire 880 backup server with
TSM 4.2.1.9 backing up the Domino client that will be the IBM x360 server
running Win2K and loaded with approximately 2500 users. The Domino data will
reside on a EMC Symmetrix connected via Connectrix and sent through an
Emulex clone FC card.

Could someone share some real life numbers like:

How many times a day you archive the Transaction Logs?
Has anyone experimented with the Buffers and Buffersize settings in the
Domdsm.cfg file?

If I could contact someone out there for some additional questions I would
greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Brian Scott
EDS - Enterprise Distributed Capabilities
MS 3278
Troy, MI 48098

* phone: 248-265-4596 (8-365)
* mailto:bscott AT eds DOT com