ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1.9 on Win NT, insufficient number of mount points

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1.9 on Win NT, insufficient number of mount points
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I noticed from a previous post that the drives are showing up as GENERICTAPE
and not LTO. Did you create an LTO deviceclass? This could be the problem.
There are no LTO devices in your library. Make sure that the TSM SCSI driver
(ADSMSCSI) is controlling the autochanger and drives and not using the
Windows drivers that came with the library. Even though the device
information screen in the TSM Driver section of the MMC plugin is showing as
LTO, TSM is recognizing them as GENERICTAPE. I also had to get a patch of
the ADSMSCSI driver from TSM level-2 to make these work on a PowerVault 136T
library. Maybe this 'fix' is in the 4.2.1.11 patch level. There is a table
in the TSM Administrators Guide about choosing either the TSM SCSI driver or
native drivers. Unless you're using RSM, and I see you're NT so that's out,
the only library that has native drivers is the IBM3494 with Magstar drives.
Just about everything else should be controlled by the TSM SCSI driver.

Give that a shot. Delete your drives from TSM and change the TSM Driver
properties to control the library and drives. You should now have the
MTx.x.x.x device names.

And also remember this is just my $.02 worth...

Bill Boyer
"Experience is a comb nature gives us after we go bald." - ??