ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/TSM and INFORMIX online Backups

2002-03-04 12:10:34
Subject: Re: ADSM/TSM and INFORMIX online Backups
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:56:44 -0600
Well, If you are not having issues with the XBSA library and only with
management classes, use only a management class with an archive copy group.
The backups will be of the type "archive". Set you retention up when
building the copy group for the archive. There is no point in making backup
type copy groups. The stuff will expire per your retention value in the
archive copy group. I need to keep my database backups for a "period" for
two of my 3 Informix databases... here is my copy group:

tsm: AFCOPS2>q co satdomain active 32day type=a f=d

            Policy Domain Name: SATDOMAIN
               Policy Set Name: ACTIVE
               Mgmt Class Name: 32DAY
               Copy Group Name: STANDARD
               Copy Group Type: Archive
                Retain Version: 32
            Copy Serialization: Shared Static
                Copy Frequency: CMD
                     Copy Mode: Absolute
              Copy Destination: ARDPOOL1
Last Update by (administrator): GEORGE
         Last Update Date/Time: 03/01/02   14:09:05
              Managing profile:

George Lesho
AFC Enterprises

                    "Ramnarayan,
                    Sean A [EDS]"         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <SARamnarayan@C       cc:     (bcc: George
Lesho/Partners/AFC)
                    ALTEX.COM>            Subject:     Re: ADSM/TSM and
INFORMIX online
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Backups
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    03/04/02 01:01
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi George

We are currently using the X/OPEN api to backup the Informix database.
We are also using the onbar utility in conjunction with the X/OPEN api.
My question is how to set up management classes for the backups and also
the
logs and how to expire these backups and logs.

Thks
Sean