ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Exchange

2002-03-04 09:08:01
Subject: Re: TDP for Exchange
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:59:42 +0100
Hi

Your retention settings doesn't look ok.

You have a value of 0 when deleted. This means, TSM wont save any versions
if the file is deleted from primary disk.

And, saving 30 copies of each files will take a lot of space in your
library.

I'd guess settings retention periods can be done in many different ways.

I'd suggest something like this:

Versions exist: 5-7
Versions deleted: Nolimit (or at least 3-5)
Retain Extra: 30
Retain only: 60-90 days.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Mark Bertrand

                    <Mark.Bertrand@USUN        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                    WIRED.COM>                 cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:            Subject:     TDP for Exchange

                    Dist Stor Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    2002-03-04 14:51

                    Please respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist Stor

                    Manager"

I have been reading the threads on the TDP for Exchange and I have a
different question. Since Mark Remeta has stated a very good point, my
question references the same issue, "single instance storage".