ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1.9 on Win NT, insufficient number of mount points

2015-10-04 17:10:41
Subject: TSM 4.2.1.9 on Win NT, insufficient number of mount points
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Hi y=B4all

I am installing TSM 4.2.1.9 on Win NT, I have a Dell PowerVault 128T
library.

My problem is that when migrating from disk to tape I get this right =
away,
ANR0984I Process 28 for MIGRATION started in the BACKGROUND at 23:20:=
49.
ANR1000I Migration process 28 started for storage pool DISKPOOL.
ANR1134W Migration terminated for storage pool DISKPOOL - insufficien=
number
of mount points available for removable media.
ANR0985I Process 28 for MIGRATION running in the BACKGROUND completed=
 with
completion state FAILURE at 23:20:49.
ANR1002I Migration for storage pool DISKPOOL will be retried in 60 se=
conds.
ANR1003I Migration retry delay ended; checking migration status for s=
torage
pool DISKPOOL.

However im able to label and checkin volumes without any problems

I have changed the mount limit from drives to 2 (update dev ltoclass1
libr=3Dlb0.0.0.2 devtype=3Dlto mountlimit=3D2). That changed nothing

My feeling is that im overlooking somthing in the config of the libra=
ry or
drives

I also have a newer version of firmware then the one tested with TSM.

Would changing OS=B4s do anything, go to W2K?

Best regards

=DE=F3r=F0ur A=F0alsteinsson

MCSE, MCP+I

Margmi=F0lun Internet, Fyrirt=E6kja=FEj=F3nusta

Su=F0urlandsbraut 4

105, Reykjav=EDk

S=EDmi 575 7000

e-mail: thordura AT margmidlun DOT is