ADSM-L

Re: Run OS command from inside TSM script?

2002-03-01 13:40:21
Subject: Re: Run OS command from inside TSM script?
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:35:05 -0600
You can use an immediate client action to run OS commands within a TSM
script.  You just have to setup the TSM client and scheduler, with
schedmode prompted, on your AIX system if you haven't done so already.

Here's a couple examples:

Sleep script (this script takes the number of seconds as a parameter):
define clientaction NODENAME action=command -
 objects='sleep "$1"' wait=yes
i.e. RUN SLEEP 30

Mail script (this script takes the subject of the mail as a parameter)
define clientaction NODENAME action=command  -
 objects='mail -s "$1" whoever AT yoursite DOT com </dev/null >/dev/null'
wait=no
i.e. RUN MAIL "This script has started"

      John Monahan
      Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
      Computech Resources, Inc.
      Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
      Cell: 952-484-5435
      http://www.compures.com

"Kliewer, Vern" <VKliewer AT MPI.MB DOT CA>
02/28/2002 04:03 PM