ADSM-L

Re: logmode/bufpoolsize/mpthreading

2002-03-01 08:58:07
Subject: Re: logmode/bufpoolsize/mpthreading
From: ARhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 05:55:46 -0800
Joe,

I'd add that you need to consider a safety valve of leaving out 1/2 to 1 gb
of your log space so you have something to add if (when) you do someday run
out of log space.  If you run out of log space -in rollforward logging- your
TSM server will stop until you either extend the log (hence the hold back)
or restore the TSM database!

You need enough of a safety valve to enable you to get your TSM server back
up and complete a database backup without again filling the log.  I setup
customers to hold back 1 gb of pre-allocated space.

Immediately upon the subsequent database backup completing (and reducing the
log to zero) I then recommend to immediately remove the safety valve log
volume.

Steffan