ADSM-L

TSM4.2 + 3583 setup

2002-03-01 08:01:56
Subject: TSM4.2 + 3583 setup
From: "paolo.nasca AT inwind DOT it" <paolo.nasca AT INWIND DOT IT>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:58:59 +0200
Hi,
I will try the following steps to configure the IBM 3583-L18 (2 drives LVD)
library attached to Intel server (Windows 2000 server SP2) via SCSI. The HBA
(Host Bus Adapter) is the Adaptec 29160LP LVD.

Any review is very welcome.

1) I install the IBMUltrium.Win2k.exe downloaded from IBM web-site. The latest
version of the drivers is 5.0.2.4. I install the these drivers for the charger
and the drives. I think it?s mandatory to install the IBMUltrium driver for the
charger. In the step number 8, I tell TSM to use the TSM device driver for the
charger!!

2) I disable the RSM

3) I test the library via NTUtil tool. I can find this tool in the installation
directory created by IBMUltrium.Win2k.exe

4) I install the TSM server

5) I install the TSM licenses

6) I install the TSM backup/archive client

7) I install the TSM device driver

8) Via MMC (Microsoft Management Console) I tell TSM to use the IBMUltrium
Drivers for the drives and to use the TSM device drivers for the drives

9) Only now I can:
define library ... libtype=scsi device=lb1.2.3.4 .....
define drive ... device=\\.\tape0
etc. etc.

Thank you vary much for your kind attention.
Regards

Paolo Nasca
Cleis Technology srl ? Italy
paolo_nasca AT datasys DOT it