ADSM-L

Server Migration - AIX to HP

2002-03-01 04:09:16
Subject: Server Migration - AIX to HP
From: "Smith, Bob" <bob.smith AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:51:18 -0000
Has anyone successfully moved a TSM server from one platform to another,
copying the database via BACKUP DB and RESTORE DB commands? We are looking
at moving from AIX (RS-6000) to HP (N-Class) in this way, but IBM are
suggesting that this won't work as the TSM database might be
platform-dependent. They suggest using export/import for the all the nodes,
but we have 23 Tb of backup data so that would be impossible. IBM 3494 with
3590E drives is used to hold the data.

Thanks

Bob Smith - Core Infrastructure EMEA
EDS UK c/o Rolls-Royce plc, Derby UK
tel: 01332 522029
email: bob.smith AT exgb01.exch.eds DOT com - EDS userid LZTZ3V