ADSM-L

logmode/bufpoolsize/mpthreading

2002-02-28 15:42:24
Subject: logmode/bufpoolsize/mpthreading
From: "Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:39:49 -0500
Environment:
Server: 4.1.3.0
Platform: S390

1.  Logmode: We're going to change the Logmode from Normal to Roll Forward.
What determines the amount of disk I'll require?

2.  Bufpoolsize: We're going to increase from 24576K to ?.  What's the
determining factor?

3.  Mpthreading:  We're going to turn it on.  Are there any considerations I
should concern myself with?

None of this info is in the manual that I'm aware of.  I get a log of "try
this" form Tivoli support.  Unfortunately, I don't work in an environment where
I can "try this" without first knowing what
the repercussions are.

Regards,
Joe Wholey
TGA Distributed Data Services