ADSM-L

Re: Mutiple TDP for SQL stripes

2002-02-28 09:49:06
Subject: Re: Mutiple TDP for SQL stripes
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:46:35 -0500
> Starting SQL database backup...
>
> Beginning difffull backup for database PRD, 1 of 1.
> Full: 0   Read: 0  Written: 0  Rate: 0.00 Kb/Sec
> Backup of PRD failed.
> ACO5403E The configuration of the Virtual Device Set could not be
obtained.

Neil,

We haven't seen this one yet. We will need some
traces to find out the VDI interaction and what is
going on. It must be related to the clusters
in some way... It was tested with SQL 7 and
SQL 2000 clustering... so I am not sure what
is going on here.

Please call IBM support. We will need a trace
from the single stripe working case and with /STRIPES=2
for the failing case.  Then we will go to Microsoft
to find out why it will not let TDP create
a multiple-striped VDI backup.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"Celebrate we will. Life is short but sweet for certain..."  -- Dave