ADSM-L

Re: LINUX TSM Client can't backup

2002-02-27 05:03:21
Subject: Re: LINUX TSM Client can't backup
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:00:53 +0100
> Hello,
>
>   We have installed TSM client on Linux REDHAT 7.2
> and got the following error for all directories:
>
> tsm> inc '/tmp'
> Incremental backup of volume '/tmp'
> ANS1076E *** Directory path not found ***
>
>   We tested TSM 3.7, 4.1 and 4.2 versions, all
> have the same problem. It works on older Linux
> versions (this redhat 7.2 uses kernel-2.4.9-13 and
> glibc-2.2.4-19).
>
>    Thanks in advance,
>
>       Eduardo Roberto Areco
>         areco AT simepar DOT br

For ext3 and xfs filesystems the magic word is 'virtualmountpoint' see the
client manual for details.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams